Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cookies

Doesn't everyone like cookies? While I know some people can't eat cookies, and a few people don't, I still love cookies equally as much as I love lemons. My favorite are oatmeal chocolate chip (made with any oatmeal raisin recipe, sans raisins and avec chocolate chips), but I have a soft spot for regular chocolate chip (as I've baked them many times, starting with my first time baking them with my grandma and my dad on our family farm [which has gone to pot since we sold it] when I was 2 years old.)

Now, people often debate whether hard and crunchy or soft and chewy cookies are better. I say that if they're buying them from a store or a vending machine, neither is better, as they're automatically crap unless they're homemade, since homemade ones aren't made with as many partially hydrogenated oils, if any at all. But when it comes to homemade cookies, I prefer chewy cookies. Hard cookies are a sign of the cookies being burnt or old. The longer a cookie stays soft, the better the cookie is. Personally, my chocolate chip cookies can go months before they go hard (tested with cookies I forgot about in a sealed container) and I have yet to see them get stale (the tested one was still quite yummy).

So, if you like cookies, feel free to tell me your type preference and favorite level of hardness.

No comments:

Post a Comment